January 5, 2012

Try, try and try again..

The school had started yesterday and that means, a quite house and of course in/out of the house picking and sending the kids to school. Oh how i wish they were all schooling at the same place and at the same hour :)

I managed to sneak into the kitchen and again try making the macarons for the 4th times. I was caught by Kak Azah's mac the other day and how i realize, without trying again, i'd never ever meet the right method/technique. I know, people out there have long time ago mastered the art of making the macs..and here i am..jiggling-juggling here there. Well at least i tried.

I love mac!! It's delicate. If you say it's sweet, than it's too bad. They were meant to be sweet. How can you make a candy without sugar? And what really makes a mac really good is the filling!!!! All mac shell tasted almost the same, but if you manage to get the taste of a real good filling...there you go flying to the sky..yummmmmmyyyy!!

Here was my mac in the making last 2 nights. I used silicon silpat and silicon paper sheet. Both turned out good!! I left them in the room with air condition for drying..where i had a good laugh from hubby. I bangged it real hard on the stove to release the air gaps. And every step i took, i had Bismillah.. And I was screaming in the middle of the night, once the feet popped up..fuuhhh how silly am i..



And the result!!!! Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... Please disregard the un-even colours :) Very nice, filled with my dark chocolate ganache. I was going to make some caramel filling as well soon too!!!

Crispy outer, gooey inner..with nice pretty feet..I had these for breakfast and lunch yesterday!!



Well, I learnt through my failures..I met Farhanah . She is only 20 yrs old and still studying.. and me how old..hehehe.. From Farhanah, she did Italian method. Which I found too tricky. My mac will be using French method mainly fron Jill Colonna - Mad about Macarons book, easier but definitely shall yield same result!!

Below me and the mac lovers....with Farhanah at her sweet home.. She served us cheese popiah..sedap!!


I am not hiding my failure under the closet..yet, I dont think any one would want to hear the storied of my despairs..I guess below picture shall speaks more without me telling a word..hehehe

Before

After

I am not taking any macs order for now yet..still in trying and trying mode. But if anyone should want to try mine, please don't hesitate to email me..I am offering dark chocolate and caramel..

TQ to Farhanah and TQ Kak Azah for the motivations.. 


1 comment:

  1. This blog is nice and amazing. I love your post! It's also nice to see someone who does a lot of research and has a great knack for ting, which is pretty rare from bloggers these days.
    Thanks!
    Botox

    ReplyDelete