January 26, 2012

Apam with Strawberry Jam and Kaya Filling

The long weekend had ended and alhamdulillah I managed to get the house straightened up and more organized. Only few other minor things that still haven't been done.

And I personally feel awkward by not having anything for the kids to munch off. Initially, my eldest son requested for macaron. He'd been eating macs like having a pop corn..but I just couldn't start up baking them..instead I made something colour alike pop corn but more simpler..still with filling..

Apam Swirly (hehehehe purposely did make the dots, I swirled the colours), filled with strawberry jam and 'kaya'..


Recipe was extracted from Kak Azlita. I have been gawking her blog now and then..the photo was super and please dont compare with mine as I know how mine are ;) TQ Kak Azlita.

3 eggs biji telur sejuk dr peti ais
275 gm tepung gandum
220 gm gula halus
150 ml susu segar atau santan ( I used heavy cream since I dont have both)
3 sudu teh baking powder
1 sudu kecil ovalette
1 sudu teh paste vanila ( I used vanilla essence)
filling
blueberry / strawberry / kelapa / coklat / kaya - terpulang pada citarasa
Pewarna yg di sukai
Paper cup secukupnya
acuan lompang secukupnya (I used my mini tart moulds)

Masukkan semua bahan2an kecuali pewarna dan filling ke dalam mangkuk mixer dan pukul dengan kelajuan maksima 6-8 minit sampai kembang
Bahagikan adunan kepada beberapa bahagian dan titiskan pewarna.
Masukkan setiap warna ke dalam piping bag atau plastik bersih
Susun acuan lompang dalam loyang.
Letakkan papercup didalamnya
Picitkan adunan ke dalam mangkuk kertas
Letakkan filling secukupnya. Filling ni kita masukkan juga dalam piping bag supaya mudah kita nak Letakkan atas adunan tadi. 
Picit lagi adunan yang sama atau berlainan warna sehingga 3/4 penuh . 
Kemudian ambil sedikit adunan letakkan pewarna pilihan, kacau rata.
Masukkan juga dalam piping bag dan dot-dotkan dengan warna pilihan.
Panaskan kukusan. Balut tutup kukusan dengan kitchen towel supaya air kukusan tidak menitis atas apam.
Pastikan api sederhana panas.
Kukus apam tadi selama 10 - 15 minit atau sehingga masak sepenuhnya.
hidangkan ketika panas.



My note to share: 
- Please dont use high temperature as the 'apam' will crack. Medium will do.
- When opening the steamer cover, let it tilt on the side to avoid the steam-water drip on the 'apam'.
- Keep in air tight container for storage or the 'apam' will easily hardened.


On top of everything, though I purposely decided on bake-free days, one lucky box of macaron was still out to one lucky girl. TQ Kakak, this is what was left..more to come next week :)


Till then people. Thank you and have a good day ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment