August 26, 2012

Almost Famous Amos Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

Tomorrow school starts, meaning our daily routine to resume and busy like usual. What an enjoyment to be a stay home mom. The Raya, the weekends, the school holidays..everyday were incomparable to the days we used to encounter during my working days. But I guess, different people do have different opinion and variable life style in living their life. I am just as good as what I am now, smelling the best essence of life :)

I baked these cookies on Thursday night and by the time I had the chance to update this entry, only 1/3 of cookies were still available in our cookies jar. I used the same recipe  as this one as posted earlier. But this time around I added 10 gram of cocoa powder + 1/2 cup of dried blackcurrants + 1/2 cup of dried cranberries + 1/4 cup of toasted almond nibs. To my surprise, the cookies were still crunchy and worth all the effort!!



My recent visit to the Pantry Magic in Bangsar, with these cookie cutters to add to my collection! Do email zsyakirah@gmail.com to order custom-made cookies to brighten up your special day.


And here too, home made vanilla essence from Pantry Magic. Having to bake almost weekly, I've been experimenting with different type of ingredients to achieve a delicious and delectable bakes, not only i'd like but to all. Thank you too Kak Farida for sharing her experience on how much difference can a pure ingredient, affect to your bakes. Like always, I'll be using pure butter (anchor or SCS) only and now will be using pure vanilla essence in my bakes. No more All Star brand vanilla flavour. Bake it, then u'll smell and taste the huge difference. Fida Vanilla, RM30 per 100 ml, u can still see the vanilla seeds in the bottle :)


Have a great week ahead all!

No comments:

Post a Comment