July 28, 2012

Rolled Pineapple Tart

Salam Ramadan to all.

Time flew so fast and we are already so close to our second week of fasting. I've promised to my self that I'll be baking my own Raya cookies this year. Since I am a house wife now..it is not plausible to be spending hundred of Ringgit for Raya cookies any more. Hiksss...I cant justify that to hubby can i..:)  My Raya cookies allocations are normal for our house, my mom's, my in-laws and as well as 'buah tangan' to my aunties/uncles. And of course I'll be baking only our favourites. All determined and prepared..here goes my first batch of Pipeapple Tart, a must have each and every single year. 




Any one with the same motivation as me this this year..here is the recipe to share :)

The original recipe : CMG 
Adapted as below;

230 gram butter (i used anchor)
400 gram flour
40 gram corn flour 
50 gram icing sugar
2 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla essence
Pineapple jam (i used the premium ready made from Bagus)

1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp cold water for glazing

1. Mixed butter + sugar till fluffy.
2. Add in beated egg yolk & vanilla.
3. Add in sifted flour & corn flour.
4. Rolled dough and cut in rectangle shape, I ensured the width is approx 2 inch wide.
5. Piped the jam horizontally at the edge of the dough. Rolled slowly and neatly. cut at your desired length.
6. Baked for 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven of 160 degrees Celsius.
7. Let cool on the cookies rack and pack in your cookies container :)



And, here are some bakes ordered. Thank you :)

Three chocolate batik cakes.

A chocolate walnut brownie.


'Selamat Berbuka' to all.

The weather is extremely dry, please be ensure we have a lot of water during Iftar.. Take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment