July 20, 2012

Less-Sweet Cream Cheese Pound Cake


Simply for no apparent reasons, I was cravingggg for a lemony, not so sweet cake but soft in texture (no..i dont want a moist or spongy texture) cake. The cake you could dig in with zero guilt. And since Ramadan will be here in hours time and means no more munching, I quickly made this cake 830 am this morning. Not my normal baking time! My baby was looking pretty occupied watching Teletubbies and I managed to escaped my self to the kitchen. It just took me 20 minutes to prepare..weeeeheee..

I turned out so good that I whacked quarter of cake in 1 afternoon...totally blew, my calories count.. I only used 100g of sugar for this recipe. 

Yes!! will again bake this for my self..not for orders though because probably I'd be getting this remarks.."what? cake without sugar? bread?"...


Original recipe was here
Kindly refer below recipe for modifications I've made to meet my taste :)

Less-Sweet Cream Chee
Ingredients; 
- 195g all purpose flour {i used superfine flour}
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 150g unsalted butter, room temperature {I used SCS}
- 140g package cream cheese, room temperature {I used the great philly}
- 100g castor sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Zest of a lemon and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice 

- Handful of dark chocolate chips to sprinkle on top


1. Preheat oven to 175°C and place rack in center of oven. Butter and line an 8-inch round cake tin. 
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Add the sugar, in three additions, beating well after each addition. Continue beating on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla and lemon zest & juice and beat until incorporated.
4. Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top. I sprinkled some chocolate chips just for fun. Baked for 50 mins or till cooked.



Happy trying! 


Bakes made last night are below..and thank you!

Carrot cake & walnut with cream cheese.


Cotton soft durian cake.


Moist chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and cream cheese, pre-ramadhan request by my hubby.



AGAIN..I lost my counts on the calories :)



And, Ramadan is here.. Syukur, the most anticipated month of all months will be here in just hours away. Not just the month for us to fast, but to refrain ourselves for all the bad doings and focuses on good deeds. And please, do forgive me for the wrongs I said or blog..for unsatisfactory of service I made to all my lovely friends, customers and reader. Let us focus on our 'ibadah' this month Insyaallah.

At the same time, cant wait to bake my own cookies this year. Wait for the post!

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment