July 15, 2012

Prune, Raisin and Cherry Fruit Cake

This simple and delicious fruit cake ended my bakes for this week. We and my in laws were having a picnic in Lata Jarum, Raub Pahang and the fruit cake was a long 'said' item from my dear FIL.

I didnt use the ready made mixed fruit package, instead made my own mixed fruit of my my favorite dried fruits only..hehehe..

Here an easy peasy recipe you can whipped in 10 minutes.

250 g fruits {i used pitted prunes,black raisins & cherry}
1 orange, squeezed & zest
250 g butter {used SCS}
150 g soft brown sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
250 g superfine flour*
2 tsp baking powder*
1/2 tsp cinnamon*
1/2 tsp nutmeg*
Note* - mix all together


How to;

1. Placed mixed fruits and squeezed orange juice into a bowl and left set for 2 hours, longer is better.
2. Beat butter with brown sugar till soft.
3. Mix in vanilla & eggs.
4. Mix flour and fruit mixture alternately.
5. Bake in 8 inch pan for 1 hour @ 170 degree celcius or skewer came out clean.



My FIL said, "jangan lupa buat untuk raya" ..hehehe then I'd knew it tasted good!

A fulfilling week that was and here were all the bakes.

Rainbow cake with my special butter cream.


Red velvet cake with cream cheese in rosetta design as requested.


Red velvet cupcake with cream cheese.


Moist chocolate cake with chocolate ganache with Upin & Ipin edible image.


Lemon Cheese tart with tangerines.


Fondant wedding cake with light maroon ruffle flowers.






Bottom tier of the cake was chocolate moist, while the top tier was butter cake.

Only the fruit cake I managed to bake for our picnic..we also had rev velvet & delicious macarons which I ordered from Kak Yani from Kitchen Guardian. The macarons were half gone before we even reach Raub. The coffee macs were delicious!! A true coffee taste for coffee lovers!  Nice meeting you kak! No pics, sorry, too busy munching to snap any..hehehe..and TQs for the delicious red velvet whoopie pie..nyumss!

Thank you all!!!! Cheers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment