March 14, 2012

Simple Recipe of Pavlova with Vanilla Cream

Alhamdulillah..fresh, rejuvenated and yes, I will sure be going to Krabi again..again and again.. :)

I have received some request for my Pavlova recipe..and here i am share my no-so-professional knowledge to all.. The reason i am not posting any recipe here as I used to, was because I received negative feedback on the unsuccessful trials which i found uneasy with. Please be fair to me, try again..insyaallah it'll turn out good.. If you compare the recipe & method from many resources..they were almost the same.. do try, then you'll know where you went wrong..

Or, simply order from me..hehehehe, hassle free for you though...

My first reference of pavlova was from below magazine which i had long time ago.. and i also tried this recipe from Joy of Baking as well as Nigella's.. If you compare both, more or less it is the same amount of sugar and eggs white..

My essential tips in making a successful pavlova is THE CLEANLINESS OF YOUR UTENSILS.
- Very super clean of everything.
- I wiped everything with hot water + lemon juice prior usage.


My first source of making the pavlova..

Here is the recipe I used.

Ingredients:

4 large white eggs
1 cup castor sugar
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch (corn flour)

500 ml whipping cream (yes..i really use this much..250ml doesnt really covers my 2-tier pavlova)
1 tbsp castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence

Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 140 degrees Celsius. Trace an 8 inch baking pan onto the parchment paper. 
  2. Using a clean, dry mixing bowl and beaters, start whipping the egg whites until foamy with small bubbles.
  3. Mix together the sugar (a spoon at a time) to the whites in a slow, steady stream, beating constantly. Continue to whip until the egg whites are glossy and form stiff peaks. 
  4. Whip in the corn starch and vinegar. Scrape the mixture into the centre of the circle on the baking tray. Use a large spoon to spread the meringue to the perimeter of the circle, shaping it so the edge is about 4cm higher than the centre. 
  5. Bake at 120 degrees for 1hr 20 mins, or until firm and baked through. 
  6. Turn off the heat and let the meringue cool in the oven overnight.
  7. For the cream, whisk cream, sugar, vanilla until thick.

Keep the meringue in an air tight container (in the fridge) if not in use. Only set the cream and fruits before serving. 

I normally use 3 different type of fruits..strawberry/peaches Del Monte in can/ Zespri kiwis and yes.. these fruits were the main reason pavlova are costly...

I hope this helps.. Good luck and have fun.. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment