October 28, 2011

Red Velvet Cake for Engagement

Phewww..this is what had been messing my head for almost a week..cream cheese vs fondant..they just doesnt match..cream cheese with high in moisture, while fondant must be kept dry at all time..it's like magnet with opposing poles.. but what the heck, a request must be granted..TQ Kak Lyn & Kak Yani for the advises..an amateur baker like me sure needs more-more practice..

TQVM Eija, I do hope both cakes safely arrive Termerloh safe and sound in their boxes. Let me know how it turned out..

Just 10 minutes before Eija arrive to pick up both her cakes, I just realized that a point at the back of the cake were 'bubbling' like..as i poked the soft middle cheese oozed out..uwaaaaa..and i just did what needed to be done! Hope no body recognize that bad part of the cake! No more Red Velvet with fondant..to be safe, had to use butter cream instead!




Have a pleasant weekend all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment