October 16, 2011

And again..another Red Velvet-y weekend..

As always, alhamdulillah for the order and the trust..I will appreciate all of you.. It is really not easy to sacrifice my nite time for all the baking works. Call me crazy, well that is the only slot I'd have to be 'alone'. And actually those are the times where I am the best of me.. I shall do this as long as I could.


Here we go..Moist red velvet..TQVM Azri..you came all the way to fetch the cake..and when it was time, Azri simply pull the bag with the cake box in 45 degree position..whoott..muka i dah merah..luckily the cake was unharmed..guys pheww..Again TQ!


Here a  request from Kak Aida..just for 'makan-makan', without any topping..I simply sprinkle some pink sugar rice, for a little 'seri'.. I had another 5 pc a home where I dabbed some choc ganache..yumm..taste much better..

 Again from Kak Aida, RV cake..for her dotter's 11th bday.. hope they had a great time ya..



And all the above was made on Friday nite..not too long..I started around 8 pm and ended almost 2 am.. but worth it..

And for Saturday nite,  I just finished making these RV cuppies..a box for Kak Aida jugak..hehehe..Kak Aida had guest at her home almost every week..'pembawa rezeki'..and 2 boxes for kak Suzana.. hope both of you'll like it ;)




Phewww...my son kept on saying..asyik utk org jer.. so here, the last bake for this week..congo bar..yummy!! these never fails me..



As promised and said, here is the RV cake recipe..go try it out!! I cant remember where did i get it from as it had been ages..but i do really think it's from Rima..if I am not mistake..


Ingredients
1 1/4 cup sifted flour
1/2 tsp baking powder'
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp cocoa powder 
1 oz of red coloring
1/4 cup soft unsalted butter 
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk 
1/2 tsp vinegar - i used heinz distilled white vinegar 5%
1/2 tsp baking soda


Method
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
2. In one container, sieve flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, beat until blended. Add the vanilla extract and red coloring, beat until well blended.
4. Add in sifted flour and buttermilk alternately. 
5. In a small bowl, combine vinegar and baking soda and add it to ur batter. Stir well with a spatula. Pour into a 6" baking pan and bake it for 50mins or until cooked.
6. Let cool on wire rack.
7. Once cool, slice cake into two and spread cream cheese filling. 



Cream cheese frosting
250g cream cheese
50g unsalted butter
80g powdered sugar



Cream Cheese frosting:
1. Beat cream cheese with butter until soft.
2. Turn mixer to low speed, add powdered sugar a little at a time. Whisk until well blended.


Till then..take care peeps ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment