February 20, 2012

Luxemburgerli the Swiss Macaron

No bakes today..but I'd like to share with all my recent experience of a Swiss Macaron. Since I've been seriously involve in baking..it's always a pleasure to taste other's delicacies..

Literally..I've known that there are 3 types of macaron around..these macarons differed by the method used to bake the shells. It was also known that the French and Italian macarons almost the same in taste and texture. However, contrary to the Swiss Macarons which is also called as the Luxemburgerli..

I was over the moon as hubby brought home 2 boxes of these babies back..

By my personal experience..I came to like these Swiss macs..they are less sweet..the shells are with a dome shape..soft/fluffy in the inside with crunchy on the outer shells. The filling was to DIE for!!!!! It's creamy..light..less sweet..& rich in flavor!! Owhhhhh my sugar level sure have increase tremendously!! Bad thing only you cant leave them for too long within our climate..the cream filling tends to soften. And not to forget that their size are petite..slightly smaller to our 20 cent coin.

A box of Bachman's..


A box of Sprungli.. the founder of luxemburgerli.


Neat and exclusive packaging. 


My babies.. from left based on my taste buds; dark chocolate, rasberry, salty caramel, lemon, chocolate, vanilla, hazelnut & green tea..


Will sure be getting these again!!!

I personally lovessss Sprungli's better compared to Bachmann's ..reason being ..Sprungli simply yield stronger flavor..a bite will blow you far to Swiss ..hehehe..

I tried browsing for the recipe of the shell over the net with zero result!! Could it be a real top secret?
I'll try again and share if I managed to get them :)

Have a sweet week ahead all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment