October 9, 2012

A Vintage Flower Box Wedding Cake with White Lily

Assalam all,

What a week last week was..everyday was THE day. Everything I did was slow, real slow. There were bakes, there were a gathering 'tying' the two families..and knowing my mom..there were endless dishes to prepare, and there were my Iman's concert day and also there were weddings to attend.

And my bad to not keeping this blog updated as it should be. It was much easier to update my bakes via FB and recently via instagram. The Iphone was such a real super tool to easily get connected..

There were bakes made last week which updated in the FB page, but the highlight would definitely be the wedding cake I made. I purposely decided to re-apply the same technique I did the previous one i learnt and here it is another version of a similar vintage box cake. Only, that i omitted the ribbon which supposed to be at the front. The white lily was requested from the bridegroom for the bride, for her favourite flower. Many happiness to Taufik & Laila!


I only did the wedding cake..while the cup cakes were baked by my sister. I must say, that the cupcakes indeed added classic and elegant look to the whole set up. We were happy for how it turned out. And I was surprised that my ivory colour almost matched the table drapes ;)

I haven't bake for us for some times and the kids kept on nagging to have this and that. We stopped for a dessert and bought blueberry cheese cake and strawberry shortcake, and they only ate a spoon each. "Not like your's mommy.." Ended, me and hubby had to stuffed ourselves..

Till then, take care and be happy with your loved ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment