November 17, 2012

Funfetti Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Frosting

The reason I baked this was because my Iman had returned home from the last day of school frustrated. He said, they had a party and the cake was too small and he only had a teeny slice. He also said he asked for more but there wasn't any more left. When I heard that I got mad at first..but then, what am I a mommy baker and this is the time to show off to my son that I can bake big one cake for him for no special occasion. Hiksss pretty bad mommy am I ?

I asked Iman what was the cake like..and he said..the cake was almost white with rainbow colour inside. I showed him the rainbow cake photo and he said no. Then I showed him this funfetti cake photo and he immediately said..Aah mommy that's the small cake at school..

Tadaaaaa..I baked this last night and told him in the morning, it's yours! With big gleaming eyes, teeth not yet brushed, he said..mommy terbaikk..

Personally, it's not my type of cake though..but, you know kids..anything colorful, fancied them enough.


Actually, this was my second bake. The first bake was done at 9pm and it was a disaster, the cake did not rise. I used a recipe from a net (cant tell, coz it was a failure). Then..I quickly turned to my one and only inspired baker Kak Yani, and whipped the above. Alhamdulillah, at 12pm I had a pretty funfetti cake.

By 10 am..here what was left. A quarter of the cake was given to a dear friend and the rest were gone into those little tummies.


 Go on bake them your self, the kids loved them!

Till then & take care!


No comments:

Post a Comment